Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts 2012-2013 Volunteer Agreement (for all volunteer positions)
After registering as a member and prior to meeting with girls and handling funds, please read and accept this agreement indicating you will abide by the terms set forth. This electronic acceptance will become a permanent part of your Girl Scouts of Eastern MA (GSEM) electronic membership record.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts agrees to:
- Make a copy of GSEM policies and standards available on our website.
- Provide adequate information, training, and assistance for the volunteer to be able to meet the responsibilities of his/her position.
- Provide a volunteer position description.
- Give recognition for the time devoted to the position.
- Carry liability insurance and supplementary accident insurance as part of Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) national and/or GSEM membership.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and supervision for the position.
The Volunteer agrees to:
- Support the values expressed in the Girl Scout Promise and Law, and adhere to GSEM and GSUSA policies and standards.
- Relate to others with fairness, tolerance, understanding, and sensitivity while working cooperatively with girls and adults.
- Register as a member of GSUSA, complete a volunteer application and a CORI Acknowledgement Form (criminal background check). See Volunteer Policies page 8 for further details. The application and CORI form include authorization allowing GSEM to obtain information deemed necessary in order to safeguard the health, safety and general well-being of the girls we serve. Prior to have any contact with children or managing funds or product volunteers are required to have a criminal background screening (CORI) on file in accordance with Massachusetts State Law Ch. 6 Sec. 172H.
- Complete adult learning and training requirements for the volunteer position he/she holds.
- Maintain confidentiality on behalf of the Girl Scout organization and in accordance with the GSEM Comprehensive Information Security Program (CISP). Details below.
- Perform all volunteer duties specific to his/her volunteer position to the best of his/her ability.
The Volunteer agrees to:
- Maintain all monies earned by girls in accordance with GSEM financial guidelines with two registered volunteer team members as signers on the checking account.
- Keep accurate records of incomes and expenses for Girl Scout troops, series, and groups.
- Abide by the financial policies and procedures established by GSEM product sales.
- Fulfill the financial obligations of the troop/group.
- Complete and submit a Troop/Group Financial Report by June 15.
- Adhere to specific financial responsibilities indicated in his/her volunteer position description.
The Volunteer agrees to:
Acknowledge receipt of and thereby adhere to the GSEM Comprehensive Information Security Program (CISP) which was developed, adopted and implemented by GSEM to create effective administrative, technical and physical safeguards for the protection of personal information regarding residents of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts that is collected, used, maintained, stored or transmitted by our organization and to comply with our organization’s obligations under the Massachusetts Data Security Laws and Regulations and the Federal Trade Commission’s Red Flags Rules.
Specifically the Volunteer understands their responsibilities under CISP include but are not limited to:
- May only use, access, disclose or retain personal information collected, used, maintained, stored and/or transmitted by GSEM for the purpose of fulfillment of their assigned responsibility or as necessary to comply with applicable state or federal laws or regulations.
- May only access GSEM computer systems/services/devices containing or storing electronic records containing personal information (e.g., laptops, portable hard drives, thumb drives, flash drives, CD’s, DVD’s or other electronic storage devices or media) to fulfill their job responsibilities and shall be restricted by the issuance of individualized user ID names and passwords.
- Any member of our workforce/volunteer base in possession of hard-copy records containing personal information, shall maintain such records in a secure fashion (i.e., locked brief case, placed in a locked car trunk, etc.) and shall be responsible for ensuring that no third party (including family members or friends) has an opportunity to view or copy such records. Such hard copy records shall not be copied and shall be returned to a GSEM office as soon as it is practical.
- Any member of our workforce/volunteer base who has been terminated or their contract or agreement has expired, voluntarily or involuntarily, shall no longer have physical/computer access to any records maintained by GSEM containing any personal information effective immediately upon such termination.
- Any member of our workforce/volunteer base who violates any part of the GSEM CISP or fails to fully comply with any Data Security Policy or Procedure contained in the CISP shall be subject to appropriate action, up to and including termination of employment or contractual termination, all in accordance with our personnel policies and procedures as in effect from time to time.
Read a summary of the CISP here.
The Girl Scouts of Eastern Mass (hereafter GSEM) Comprehensive Information Security Program (hereafter “The CISP”) was approved by the GSEM Board of Directors on November 29, 2011 and ensures that GSEM is compliant with data security policies and procedures. The CISP was developed, adopted and will be implemented to create effective administrative, technical and physical safeguards for the protection of personal information regarding residents of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts that is collected, used, maintained, stored or transmitted by our organization and to comply with our organization’s obligations under the Massachusetts Data Security Laws and Regulations and the Federal Trade Commission’s Red Flags Rules.
It is my responsibility to familiarize myself with the contents of The CISP. I acknowledge, understand, accept and agree to comply with the information contained in The CISP provided to me by GSEM. I understand that The CISP is not intended to cover every situation that may arise during my tenure, and that GSEM reserves the right to modify The CISP in accordance with legal requirements at any time and without notice based upon business needs and conditions.
Volunteer Agreement Acknowledgement Statement:
I acknowledge that I have read the Volunteer Agreement for the 2012-2013 membership year and by registering in CES, agree to abide by the terms of this agreement. This registration indicates that I have read and understand that failure to fulfill these responsibilities may result in personal liability and/or release of volunteer appointment or non-reappointment to a volunteer position with GSEM.