Diversity is a core value of Girl Scouts. The Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas Council is dedicated to serving, and celebrating, the diversity of girls, their interests and community needs across our service area.
Program Focus Areas
On their leadership journeys, girls gain understanding and skills encompassing the holistic aspects of life through a variety of programs focused on:
- Leadership and Self-Esteem – Empowering girls with real-world leadership abilities and creative decision-making skills.
- Community Service – Connecting girls with others in a multicultural environment to achieve positive social change.
- Financial Literacy - Developing practical money-management skills so girls can ultimately take control of their financial futures.
- Outdoor Education – Motivating girls to challenge themselves and lead healthy, physically active lives, while learning teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Health and Wellness – Encouraging girls to keep their bodies healthy, their minds engaged, and their spirits alive.
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) – Inspiring girls to pursue their interests in the science, technology, engineering, and math fields.
- Environmental Awareness - Helping girls to see the earth as their home and embrace environmental conservation and responsibility.
- Travel - Continually expanding girls’ horizons with opportunities to see new places, meet new people, and learn about different cultures and ideas.